Get Expert Assistance For Bee Removal In Canberra
Bees undoubtedly are important for pollination but can be a real trouble-maker as a pest. It can make their hives in both offices and homes, making your life difficult. Usually, spring is their infestation season, and bees are generally seen in groups. These tiny pests can attack you with their venomous sting leading to severe allergic reactions. Also, sometimes their stings can prove to be fatal.
You can rest all your bee removal and beehive removal concerns in Canberra at Bobs Bee Removal as we extend our helping hands to eradicate the nuisance-maker pests from your premises without hurting or killing them. Ring us up today to get our dependable bee removal Canberra services today! We have established ourselves as a bee removal company based on our capabilities and facilities.
Common Bees Species in Canberra
- Mortar Bee
- Teddy Bear Bees
- Honey Bee
- Carpenter Bee
- European Honey Bee
- Cuckoo Bees
- Bumble Bee
Introduction to Bee Behavior and Characteristics
- Bees are social insects that live in colonies.
- Bees communicate with each other using pheromones and dances.
- Bees have a strong sense of smell and use it to locate flowers and navigate back to their hive.
- Bees are important pollinators and play a crucial role in the ecosystem.
- Bees will defend their colony if they feel threatened and can sting multiple times.
- Bees will swarm if their colony becomes too crowded or they need to find a new home.
- Bees can regulate the temperature inside their hive by fanning their wings or clustering together.
- Bees have a hierarchy within their colony with a queen, drones, and worker bees.
- Bees collect nectar and pollen from flowers to feed their colony and make honey.
- Bees are active during the day and will return to their hive at night.
How To Avert Bees From Invading Your Property?
If you are thinking of getting rid of the bee hives with DIY tactics, you could indulge yourself in severe consequences. A slightly wrong approach can erupt the hive, making the situation out of control. As they say ‘prevention is better than cure.’ You should take preventive measures to halt the infestation instead of trying to remove the hive. Here, we have mentioned a few handy tips that can keep bees away from your home or office.
Maintain hygiene and cleanliness
If you keep your premises neat and clean, you can keep your home bee-free. Not only bees, but cleanliness can also keep a lot of pests away. A few routine practices, including timely emptying the litter bin, vacuuming each and every corner of your home, de-cluttering the yards, disinfecting the dustpans, etc., can show good results in preventing bee infestation.
Use of adhesive bags
In case of mild or under-controlled infestation, using adhesive bags can be an ideal way of putting a stop to further complexities by eliminating the bees and their eggs. You can throw away the bags once the procedure is done.
Warm water wash
Bees are alarming in nature, so be careful enough when using this trick. Washing the infected spot with warm water can be a fantastic way of removing the insects. However, according to the standards and norms, the warm water has to be within 60 degrees C. Also, you must apply the heat suddenly and not gradually. It can give hints to bees about something abnormal, and the whole group can move immediately, causing danger for you. You can also use cryolite or peppermint as a non-chemical bee repellent.
All the listed techniques can be effective but a lot of risks are involved. So, if you need help with bee removal in Canberra, you can reach out to us anytime!